Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Minky Patchwork Ruffle Blanket

I saw this adorable blanket pattern in a Joann flyer I got in the mail.. 


I knew this was something I really wanted to make soon for my Etsy Store. 

Well I got lucky..A gymbofriends boardie wanted a blanket for her daughter's April Fools Birthday so she paid me to make her this blanket. 

Lavendar Dimple Dot Minky, White Stripe Minky, Pink Satin Back and a Lavendar Ruff, then will embroidery her daughter's name in pink on the top. 

I had already picked up some white stripe minky while at Joanns last week so I started cutting out my squares today.  Already got 35 squares cut and will cut approx 50 totally.  I'm waiting on the purple minky I bought from Fabric.com to arrive. 

Joanns has minky on sale this week but colors are limited and even more limited since most is out of stock due to this great sale, but I still ordered a couple of colors I knew i could use in the future. 

The pattern also includes the stuffed animals, but thats a project for another day in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment